Respect and regard for oneself
Respect and regard for the other
Respect and regard for the relationship
Why Assertiveness Training?
If you find yourself:
–“People pleasing” and living by other people’s expectations
– Not standing up for yourself
– Saying “Yes” when you want to say “No”
– Avoiding giving or receiving criticism
– Feeling too shy to share your opinions
– Not asking for what you want, but settling for what you don’t want instead
– People saying to you, “… Ok, you don’t have to bite my head off!”
These things can happen in your home or work life, study or leisure life. There may be a particular person or situation in which you’re finding it difficult to express yourself in a beneficial way.
Assertiveness training helps you to learn to deal with these situations more effectively, express yourself as you are and live your life more fully and authentically.
How it works:
After a free telephone consultation, we’ll schedule 4, 1-2-1 sessions, either via Video Call (eg Skype, WhatsApp) or face to face, giving you the privacy and undivided attention to explore your barriers to assertiveness and helping you define how you want the more, “Assertive and Confident you” to be.
We’ll cover Basic Assertiveness Skills and principles:
– Differences between Passive, Aggressive, Indirect and Assertive behaviour styles
– The impact of “Rights” on behaving assertively
– The effective “Broken record technique”
-Negotiation for a Win Win outcome
– And many more skills, techniques and principles besides.
Incorporating and using them in your daily life you’ll quickly notice the changes, in yourself, your relationships with others, and how others behave towards you.
Please contact me to find out more about how we can best work together to help you start living the assertive, happier and more fulfilling life, you deserve.
I look forward to working with you.